The Board of Directors is a volunteer policy board and currently has 11 members with a capacity for 15. The Board, which meets 8 times per year, has two committees: Governance/Nominating and Audit. SSM is seeking 1-3 new directors for its board beginning with the Annual General Meeting on March 5, 2015.
We are seeking candidates who have one or more of the following attributes:
- Knowledge of their respective industries and how safety plays (or can play) a role;
- Knowledge of governance and the board role;
- Financial knowledge and/or designation;
- Orientation toward the “big” picture and strategic thinking;
- Orientation toward group discussion and decision making;
- Conceptual thinking;
- Curiosity and a bias to learn;
- Orientation to resolve conflict; and
- Effective communication and listening skills.
Experience in or knowledge of the healthcare, agriculture or trades education industries is highly desirable.
Please forward your resume to:
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Safety Services Manitoba