If you’ve been patiently waiting all winter long to get your wheels back on the road, the time has finally come!
Whether you’re new to riding and aren’t familiar with road etiquette or a seasoned pro that could use a refresher, the tips below can serve as some helpful reminders.
- Both motorcycles and scooters alike should be ridden in standard traffic lanes in the tire track furthest from the curb.
- You’re required to wear a helmet by law, but additional clothing that helps protect your arms, legs, hands and face are also recommended.
- Just like other drivers on the road, you should be signalling when it’s time to change lanes.
- Take care to scan ahead for loose gravel and potholes – with the snow melting, new road hazards have emerged.
- Always avoid blindspots whenever possible, and never assume that other vehicles on the road can see you.
For additional information on operating a motorcycle or scooter, see more resources from Manitoba Public Insurance.