Up to 10% of Canada’s population is affected by the flu each year.
Influenza, or more commonly known as the flu, is a contagious viral infection. Symptoms include fever, headaches, fatigue, sore throat, chest discomfort and coughing, muscle aches and pains as well as a runny or stuffy nose.
If you find you’re experiencing flu symptoms, take a look at the tips below to prevent the spread of the virus in your workplace.
- If you’re sick, keep your distance from others. If possible, that means staying home!
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use a tissue or your elbow rather than your hand.
- Wash your hands regularly, whether you’re sick or not.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- Disinfect work surfaces as often as possible – keyboards, light switches, phones and door handles are common culprits of flu spread!
- Get exercise, keep hydrated and eat healthy foods.