Revisions to SSM Covid-19 Protocols:
Masks are mandatory in all areas of SSM. Masks are required for students while seated in classrooms. Instructors, once everyone is safely seated, will be permitted to remove their own masks.
SSM has instituted a corporate policy that all staff, instructors, and consultants are double vaccinated. Any services to the public where we cannot allow for physical distancing will require proof of full vaccination, by the client, at the start of the service. Examples are hearing testing, respirator fit testing, and in-car driver evaluations.
As a reminder, SSM has the following protocols in place to ensure safety:
- Reduction in class sizes to ensure physical distancing in each class
- Modifications including acrylic partitions where necessary
- Students are spaced out 6 feet in each classroom
- Instructor is greater than 6 feet from nearest student
- Sanitizing station for all visitors upon entry and also located throughout the facility
- Water, coffee stations, and lunch service are not available during COVID
- Student Lounge is cordoned off to manage congregating
- Facility is sanitized daily
- Staggered start times for classes
- Use of online self-assessment tool is required
- Consistent with provincial health guidelines, anyone exhibiting symptoms is not permitted into the facility
- Motorcycles and equipment will be sanitized after each use. Riders will be asked to wipe down their own bikes prior to use.
- Masks are currently mandatory at SSM, including while seated in the classroom. You must provide your own mask
- SSM will continue to offer Live Remote Training as an option
This continued approach aligns with our ongoing response to COVID-19 and allows us to closely monitor and adjust as necessary, focusing on the safety and health of our SSM students, clients, staff, instructors, and consultants.