Safety Services Manitoba is proud to welcome you to our newly expanded and renovated facility.
Tour our facility:
In 2019, we expanded our entire facility; including increasing the number and size of classrooms, we have doubled our warehouse training space and expanded our new office space.
The space has been designed to provide the very best experience for our students, corporate clients and staff.
SSM trains more than 26,000 people annually.
SSM operates a very active facility all week long. During weekdays we are hosting our corporate clients and students by providing occupational safety training and services. In addition, we are busy evenings and weekends providing training to Manitobans who are improving their driving skills and providing training to all new motorcyclists in the province.
SSM Facility Features:
- 23,000 square foot facility
- 5 large classrooms plus 12 person boardroom all featuring Loft Interactive Display Board technology
- Large comfortable Student Lounge fully equipped with microwave, fridge, coffee station, tables & chairs, and vending machines
- Warehouse space industrial equipment including; a confined space simulator, forklifts, scissor lift, skid steer, articulating boom lift and overhead crane
- Full fleet of motorcycles for training Manitobans on how to safety drive a motorcycle
- Large and welcoming reception area
- Modern learning setting with with roomy bright classrooms and wide hallways
- Classrooms include new chairs and mobile desks which can be reconfigured quickly to accommodate different learning styles and group sizes
- Enhanced air handling throughout the facility
- SSM is a fully accessible facility
- SSM is located on popular bus routes making access easy 7 days a week
- Free parking with plug-in service
During Covid – 19, SSM has put the following protocols in place to ensure safety:
- Reduction in class sizes to ensure social distancing in each class
- Modifications including acrylic partitions where necessary
- Students are spaced out 6 feet in each classroom
- Instructor is greater than 6 feet from nearest student
- Sanitizing station for all visitors upon entry and also located throughout the facility
- Water, coffee stations, and lunch service are not available during COVID
- Student Lounge is cordoned off to manage congregating
- Before and after each scheduled class the classrooms are sanitized
- Hard surfaces and bathrooms are sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day
- Staggered start times for classes
- Use of online self-assessment tool is required
- Consistent with provincial health guidelines, anyone exhibiting symptoms is not permitted into the facility
- Motorcycles and equipment will be sanitized after each use. Riders will be asked to wipe down their own bikes prior to use.
- Masks are currently mandatory at SSM until safely seated in your classroom. You must provide your own mask
- SSM will continue to offer Live Remote Training as an option