Senior Safety Consultant
Safety Services Manitoba
About The Job
Safety Services Manitoba is Manitoba’s premier occupational and safe driving trainer and consultant with nearly 50 years’ experience making workplaces and roads safer. You can count on SSM to deliver comprehensive training and education whether it is in the workplace or behind the wheel. We are passionate about reducing risks and injuries; we are passionate about helping to ensure every Manitoban arrives home safely every day.
- Full-time Senior Safety Consultant position
- Full benefits package (group insurance, RRSP)
- Competitive industry-based salary
- Professional development support
- Flextime and working remotely
- New offices with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Duties And Responsibilities
We are seeking a senior safety consultant to join our occupational team reporting to the Director of Safety Services and Training. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing advisement and expertise in the matter of Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and Regulation to clients, junior consultants, and instructors.
- Audit, assess, inspect, workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure safety standards and government regulations are followed.
- Prepare written reports on their findings.
- Design and assist the implementation of workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions.
- Evaluate, create, and update workplace health and safety programs.
- Educate employers and workers about workplace safety by preparing and providing internal training programs, safety talks, and general consults.
- Create and sustain great working relationships with clients.
- Investigate incidents and accidents to identify what caused them and how they might be prevented.
- Ability to use or learn how to use Salesforce proficiently to enter client work summaries.
- Contact us as below for a full position description.
CRSP/CRST certification and minimum 5 years in an OHS advisement role, preference given to candidates with experience in OHS consulting and education design & delivery, other certifications and designations will be considered an asset.
Please submit current CV and cover letter (PDF format) via e-mail to:
Adam Paoletic, Director of Safety Services and Training
August 13, 2021, 12 noon