Fall Protection Training
Course Location: SSM and on-site
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $239 per person / $1,799 group rate*
Class Size: Up to 16
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
Live remote training available
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course Fee: $209 per person; $1599 group rate
SSM’s Fall Protection training provides students with the most current legislative information, including industry best practices. This program teaches participants how to exercise the hierarchy of controls of fall prevention, fall restraint, and fall arrest as each situation will be different when working at heights.
Students will learn how to inspect fall protection equipment, how to don a harness, and have the opportunity to experience what it feels like to hang in a harness. Participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of this course.
This course includes a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies.
- Module 1 – Introduction to Fall Protection Systems
- Module 2 – What are the Major Types of Fall Hazards?
- Module 3 – Who is Responsible for Each Task?
- Module 4 – What do Fall Protection Systems Look Like?
- Module 5 – Protecting Yourself from Falls
Theory test and review of test
Participants will each inspect components of a fall protection system (i.e. harness, lanyards, and hardware), and have the opportunity to briefly be suspended in a harness.
Manitoba Regulations Part 14
Persons working at a vertical height of 10 feet or more (Manitoba) or 8 feet or more (Federally) must implement fall protection programs in their workplace.
What our students are saying
- “Excellent training resources and facility.”
- “I get good information and learn from Safety Services Manitoba every time.”
- “Very professional presentation.”
- “Very open dialogue during the course, it was easy to ask questions.”
- “Safe climbing methods and proper safety procedures to eliminate falls.”
- “This course gave me confidence.”
- “Learned how to plan for rescue after a fall.”
- “Learned how to fit a harness properly.”