Forklift Operator Training
Course Location: SSM and on-site
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $219 per person / $1799 group rate
Class Size: Up to 10
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
Our forklift operator training provides students with the most current legislative information including the new CSA-B335-15 standard changes.
The Forklift Operator Training course includes a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies.
- Forklift hazards
- Standards, regulations, and responsibilities
- Forklift design and classifications
- Pre-operational checks (theory and practical)
- Safe operating procedures
- Fuel sources
- Theory test and review of test
Practical evaluation – participants will each drive the forklift through Safety Services Manitoba’s pre-structured driving course to test driving abilities.
22.29 (1) No employer shall require or permit a worker to operate a powered lift truck unless the employer has issued a certificate to the worker under this section.
22.29 (2) No employer shall issue a certificate to a worker to operate a powered lift truck unless the employer has first ensured that the worker
- has received instruction, training and testing in the operation of the powered lift truck in accordance with a code of practice approved and issue under the Act.
What our students are saying
- “Instructor was engaging and interesting”
- “The instructor stressed the importance of safety when operating a forklift”
- “Instructor had a great knowledge of all forms of machines, not just a certain type”
- “Always stopped to answer questions”
- “I learned the limitations of machinery”