Globally Harmonized System (GHS/WHMIS) 2015 Training
Course Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Course Fee: $69 per person; $699 group rate*
Class Size: Up to 16
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
Safety Services Manitoba has also introduced student response technology into the GHS/WHMIS training for a more interactive experience. This training provides students with the most current legislative information (including industry best practices).
This program teaches participants how to identify hazardous products, control hazards from these products, and safely handle controlled products. Students will understand both the old WHMIS and the new GHS elements.
This course includes a written assessment to validate training competencies.
- Module 1 – Understanding GHS & WHMIS
- Module 2 – Duties and responsibilities
- Module 3 – Labels
- Module 4 – Material Safety Data Sheets/Safety Data Sheets
- Module 5 – GHS pictograms/WHMIS symbols
- Module 6 – Exposure conditions
- Theory test and review of test
Manitoba Regulations Part 35
35.3(1) an employer must ensure that a worker who works with or near a controlled product or performs work involving the manufacture of a controlled product receives training in the following.
- a) The content required to be on a supplier label and a workplace label and the purpose and significance of the information on the label;
- b) The content required to be on a material safety data sheet and the purpose and significance of the information on the material safety data sheet;
- c) Procedures for safely storing, using and handling the controlled product; etc.