Incident Investigation Training
Course Location: SSM and on-site
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $179 per person / $1349 group rate
Class Size: Up to 16
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
The course is a necessary learning topic for committee members as part of fulfilling their duties. This course will also benefit employers, supervisors, and employees who may be working with the safety committee.
This course will go into great detail on when and how to conduct an incident investigation at your workplace. It includes techniques for information gathering and scene preservation, how to interview witnesses, preparing the report and includes an action plan to prevent further occurrences of the incident.
The most important part of the investigation process is to determine root causes of incidents and how to prevent further incidents from occurring; this course will teach participants the fundamental methods for preventing repeat incidents in your workplace.
- Benefits of an effective investigation
- Difference between a “fact-finding” and a “fault-finding” investigation
- Why we investigate incidents
- When and what to investigate
- Notifying local authorities for serious incidents
- Legal requirements
- Managing the scene
- Incident investigation reports
- How to use incident investigation to prevent similar incidents in the future
Inspections of workplace
2.9(1) An employer must ensure that each of the following is investigated as soon as reasonably practicable after it occurs: (a) a serious incident; (b) an accident or other dangerous occurrence
(i) that injures a person, and results in the person requiring medical treatment, or
(ii) that had the potential to cause a serious incident.
What our students are saying
- “I liked the use of booklet examples with real life examples as well.”
- “The instructor was very knowledgeable with lots of great stories.”
- “Made us all think hard about safety in the workplace.”
- “Teamwork and safety go hand in hand.”
- “Instructor was great, providing a wide range of experience and real life experience.”
- “SSM could not have done anything better.”
- Excellent instructors and facilities. Information was easy to follow.”