Intermediate First Aid Training
Course Duration: 16 hours
Course Fee: $169 per person; $1,599 group rate*
Class Size: 8-12
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
Our Intermediate First Aid course is a comprehensive two-day program designed for employees with training work requirements, or individuals who want to learn essential life support skills.
As required by regulation, our Intermediate First Aid course covers cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the management of other breathing, airway, and circulation emergencies, as well as the control of bleeding, treating shock, stabilizing fractures, and more.
Successful students receive a 3-year certification in First Aid Level II.
Who is first aid for?
Workplace: This course is appropriate for employers and employees who require Level II First Aid training, as defined by provincial labour laws or workplace regulation.
General public: This course is applicable to anyone who has a general interest in learning what to do in case of a medical emergency, or may be preparing for a job or career where this level of training is required.
- Introduction and orientation
- Best practices
- Age guidelines
- Good Samaritan principles
- Emergency scene management
- Heart and stroke
- Medical conditions
- Severe bleeding/wound care
- Bone/joint injuries
As per Workplace Safety & Health regulations PART 5, employers must provide first aid services. This course is designed not only for employees, but it is applicable for anyone to be prepared for emergencies in the workplace and at home.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation First Aid Level II course meets provincial regulation requirements for workplace standard first aid courses in most provinces. Our program features the most up-to-date science from the 2015 Canadian Consensus Guidelines on First Aid and CPR.
What are our students saying?
- “The hands-on approach to learning in this course was incredibly helpful as well as realistic. Along with learning to assess the scene and use deductive reasoning, participants learned the importance of removing a helmet from a victim and, thanks to video footage, have a better knowledge of what to expect from a seizure.”
- “Dave, the instructor, was incredibly knowledgeable and interactive.”
- “the course exceeded expectations”