Course Location: SSM and on-site
Course Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Course Fee: $139 per person / $999 group rate*
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
SSM has also introduced student response technology into the Lockout/Tagout training for a more interactive experience. SSM’s Lockout/Tagout training provides students with the most current legislative information (including industry best practices).
This program teaches participants how to identify and control all potential energy sources that may result in injury if not locked out. Students will learn how to use different types of devices that may be required to lock equipment out.
This course includes a written assessment to validate training competencies.
- Dangers of hazardous energy
- Locking out machinery and equipment
- Lockout regulations
- Your role in the lockout process
- How to set up an energy control program
- Theory test and review of test
Participants will each have the opportunity to perform a mock Lockout procedure to reinforce classroom theories.
Manitoba Regulations Part 16
Locking out — safety precautions
16.14(1) when a machine is serviced, repaired, tested, cleaned, maintained or adjusted, an employer must ensure that no worker performs work on the machine until it has come to a complete stop and the worker performing work on the machine has;
(a) Locked out the machine and removed and rendered safe any hazardous condition.
What our students are saying
- “I really learned a lot.”
- “Good practical and hands on training.”
- “Gained knowledge in due diligence and planning.”
- “Videos give you an idea that bad things will happen if you don’t follow procedure.”
- “Proper hand-off of keys through shift change.”
- “[The instructor] was great. I feel like I learned a lot.”
- “Thank you. Great course! Information was well told.”