Truck Mounted Crane Training
Course Location: SSM and on-site
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $1,799 group rate
Class Size: 8-12
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
- Client must provide truck mounted crane
This course will teach the participant to recognize and control the hazards associated with operating a truck mounted crane. Safety training is vital to persons operating these high-risk pieces of equipment, which may include working from heights and working near high voltage power lines.
Truck mounted crane safety training is performed off-site and requires the client to provide the equipment for the practical portion of the training. This course can be held at Safety Services Manitoba with sufficient pre-scheduling.
- Understanding the hazards associated with the truck mounted crane
- Work zone safety and traffic control procedures
- Understanding the components of the truck mounted crane
- Understanding and applying work load limits
- Overhead hazards including electrical hazards and emergency procedures
- Stability and outriggers
- Pre-operational inspections and reporting
- Setting up a safe job site that entails all previous elements of the program
- Theory and practical evaluations
Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act
Duty to inform workers
16.3 An employer must ensure that a worker is:
(a) Informed of any risks associated with a machine or tool used in the workplace; and
(b) Provided with information, instruction and training in the safe use and operation of the machine or tool.