Hearing and Respirator Fit Testing
SSM offers a full range of hearing and respirator fit testing services – on-site or by appointment.
Hearing Testing Services
SSM offers a full range of hearing testing services – on-site or by appointment.
We offer flexible scheduling and fast turn-around times to meet your safety needs!
SSM has Licenced Industrial Audiometric Technicians (LIAT)* on staff to administer audiometric/hearing tests.
Our baseline and hearing testing service provides the following:
- Compiled case history information
- Audiometric testing, including base line and assessments for each employee
- Early warnings and referrals
- Counselling for employees regarding their test results
- Secure record keeping
- A comprehensive report which includes recommendations and statistics on standard deviations
- A copy of test results and our recommendations for each employee
|# of Employees||Price Per Test|
|Up to 10*||$44.99/test|
At SSM: $249 minimum set up charge (one-time per organization)
There is a minimum charge for onsite testing
Each technician can complete approximately 30 tests/8-hour day
Travel premiums/mileage will apply to customers outside of Winnipeg
Contact SSM for an estimate
*Safety Services Manitoba Technicians have attended and completed the Certified Audiometric Technician Course through MacEwan University; each technician is also qualified and licensed through the Province of Manitoba as a Licensed Industrial Audiometric Technician (LIAT).
Respirator Fit Testing
Safety Services Manitoba provides respirator fit testing services to help you determine if your respirator is working for you!
Proper fitting respirators are essential for workplace safety. If this key piece of personal protective equipment does not fit properly, workers are at risk from air-borne hazards.
Our experienced safety and health professionals offer:
Fit testing services using an advanced qualitative technique
Testing for all makes and models of respirators
A written report of completion upon successful testing
|Price Per Test||# of Tests|
*There is a minimum charge for onsite testing
*each additional facepiece per user $20
How to Register for a Fit Test:
Call SSM at 204.949.1085 or email Jmilosevic@safetyservicesmanitoba.ca to arrange fit testing at your location or at SSM
Are Private Fit Tests Available?
Yes, private appointments are available for groups or individuals.
- You must be clean shaven in order to be fit tested. SSM reserves the right to refuse to fit test anyone who has any facial hair.
- Please do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum at least 20 minutes prior to attending the fit test.
- If you are pregnant you must have your doctor’s permission prior to completing the fit test.