Experienced Rider Program (Motorcycle)
Motorcycle training registration will re-open March 2023. Classes fill on a first come first serve basis.
Course Location: Winnipeg
Course Duration: 8 hours – 2 hrs theory & 6 hrs practical
Course Fee: $240 per person
Class Size: Minimum of 6 – subject to cancellation
Licence documentation and photo ID – Students must hold a 6M motorcycle licence (knowledge test) that can be obtained at any MPI Service Centre. To learn more about licensing, download MPI’s Motorcycle Handbook or contact MPI.
- Students must have a minimum of 2 years of road riding experience
- Students must provide their own motorcycle and show proof of ownership and liability insurance
- All motorcycles will be subjected to a vehicle inspection by the Chief Instructor
- Motorcycles must be clean and in good condition
All students must provide their own riding gear, including:
- Motorcycle helmet – CSA, DOT, ECE or Snell approved
- Eye protection – face shield on helmet or any type of glasses
- Sturdy jacket – motorcycle textile/leather riding jacket, denim or leather (jackets must be able to be done up)
- Gloves – Full fingered, leather palmed (no knuckle cut-outs accepted)
- Sturdy pants – motorcycle textile/leather riding pants or jeans (no sweatpants, track pants, etc. Pants must not have holes in them)
- Boots – must cover the ankles and be made of a sturdy leather with rubber soles (no athletic shoes/sneakers, high heels or leather soled cowboy boots)
Your riding gear must be inspected and at the Instructor’s discretion, approved at the first session. Students without proper gear will be sent home with no refund.
Courses run regardless of weather conditions – be prepared and dress accordingly. Rain gear may be worn over protective riding gear.
This course is designed to give motorcyclists with riding experience a review of the motorcycle handling and control fundamentals that every competent rider needs to know and practice. It also provides an opportunity for motorcyclists that have no formal training to take a short program to improve on existing skills.
- Familiarization & evaluation
- Slow speed maneuvers
- Entry test
- Push steering
- Emergency braking
- Emergency swerving
- Collision avoidance