Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Ltd & Bee Maid Honey Ltd
Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited and Bee Maid Honey Limited
625 Roseberry Street, Winnipeg, MB R3H 0T4
Toll free: 1 888-998-2948
In this video, Karen Miles, Manager of the Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited, and Guy Chartier, CEO of Bee Maid Honey Limited, speak about how SSM has helped enhance the safety culture in their workplace.
The Manitoba Cooperative provides many services for members such as purchasing, grading, processing, packing, supplying Bee Maid drums, marketing and accounting. It also operates two Bee Supply divisions, one in Winnipeg and one in Tisdale, SK, under the name of Bee Outfitters.
Bee Maid Honey has been in business for 60 years (1954), is world renowned for quality and has made the company Canada’s largest packer of 100% pure Canadian honey in both branded and private label. Bee Maid employs over 60 people at both plant locations in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Spruce Grove, Alberta.
The Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited and Bee Maid Honey Limited first came to Safety Services Manitoba in 2009. Since bringing a Safety Resource Officer into their facility in July 2013, great progress has been made to keep the plant safe for all workers. Working with SSM, the Manitoba Cooperative Honey Producers Limited and Bee Maid Honey Limited have:
- Developed safe work procedures
- Developed a Fire Emergency Plan and Evacuation drill
- Created an orientation package for temporary workers
- Conducted a sound assessment
- Implemented a Workplace Safety Board
- Developed new procedures and processes for incident reporting and near misses
- Established a Violence & Harassment Policy
- Updated their Health and Safety Management System
Currently, they are working on acquiring safe footwear for the entire facility and implementing a hearing conservation program.