Aerial Work Platform Training
Course Location: SSM and on-site (SSM provides scissor lift for practical portion only)
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $239 per person; $1,799 group rate*
Class Size: 8-12
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
Live remote training available
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course Fee: $209 per person; $1599 group rate
Our training provides students with the most current legislative information on aerial work platforms including the CAN/CSA-B354.4-02 (R2013).
The Aerial Work Platform training course includes a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies.
NOTE: Training is generic and covers aerial work platforms including scissor lifts, zoom booms and articulating platform lifts. (Practical at SSM covers scissor lift only)
- Aerial work platform (AWP) design types
- Operator qualifications and responsibilities
- Safe operating procedures
- AWP components
- Battery charging and refueling
- Pre-operational inspections
- Fall protection basics
Participants will each drive the aerial work platform through a course set up by the instructor to test driving abilities.
Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act
Further duties of employer
4(2) without limiting the generality of an employer’s duty under subsection (1), every employer shall
(b) provide to all his workers such information, instruction, training, supervision and facilities to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of all his workers;
(c) ensure that all his workers, and particularly his supervisors, foremen, charge hands or similar persons, are acquainted with any safety or health hazards which may be encountered by the workers in the course of their service, and that workers are familiar with the use of all devices or equipment provided for their protection.
What our students are saying
- “Good instructor, good stories from industries, practical experience.”
- “This was my first time in a lift and the instructor gave plenty of good tips and gave extra effort to make sure I did just fine.”
- “I was particularly impressed with the instructor’s hands on (practical) portion at this course. I am a 1st time operator. He made me feel comfortable operating (the) platform before accomplishing the task at hand.”
- “Gave us answers to questions and used analogies to further explain.”
- “Learned to make a plan B for emergency response.”
- “I learned how to operate the lift safely.”
- “I learned to use equipment only for intended use, do not modify or change anything.”