Chainsaw Safety Training
Course Location: On-site only
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $1899 group rate only
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
This course will teach the participant to recognize and control the hazards associated with operating a chainsaw. Chainsaw safety training is vital to persons performing these high risk tasks which may include working from heights and working near high voltage power lines.
Chainsaw safety training is performed on-site and requires the client to provide materials (logs) that can be used for the practical portion of this training.
- Understanding the components of the chainsaw
- Transporting and fueling the chainsaw
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Safe operational use of the chainsaw
- Avoiding the kickback hazard
- Preventing chainsaw injuries
- First aid for chainsaw injuries
- Theory and practical – falling the tree techniques
Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act
Duty to inform workers
16.3 An employer must ensure that a worker is:
(a) Informed of any risks associated with a machine or tool used in the workplace; and
(b) Provided with information, instruction and training in the safe use and operation of the machine or tool.