Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $169 per person; $1,299 group rate*
Class Size: Up to 16
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
This course is structured for anyone involved in traffic management. If, at any time your employees are directing traffic on roadways, they must have received flag person training from an approved training organization such as Safety Services Manitoba. They must also demonstrate competency in applying this training at the workplace.
This certification course is designed for workers with no previous experience as a flagperson and will enable employers to meet their legislative responsibilities under the Workplace Safety & HealthAct.
This course includes a written assessment to validate training competencies.
- Legal duties and responsibilities
- Guidelines for effective implementation
- Highway Traffic Act/Workplace Safety & Health Act
- Traffic engineering and standards policies
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation contract specifications
- Theory test and review of test
No certificates will be issued until a competency form is completed and returned to SSM for approval.
A temporary card is issued in order to complete the competency tests.
What our students are saying
- “Learned the responsibilities of not just holding a flag”
- “Good explanation of road regulations and awareness”
- “I am prepared for the job site”
- “Very well put together and informative”
- “I would come back for more training”