Rough Terrain Forklift (Telehandler, Class VII) Training
Course Duration: 6 – 8 hours
Course Fee: $1,799 group rate*
Class Size: Up to 12
Training outside of Winnipeg may be subject to higher pricing
- Client must provide rough terrain forklift
This course, also referred to as telehandler training, covers essential features of telescopic handlers and other rough terrain (Class VII) forklifts and their maintenance. Safety Services Manitoba’s Rough Terrain Forklift Training provides students with the most current legislative information including the new CSA-B335-15 standard changes.
This course includes a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies.
- Module 1 – Rough Terrain Lift Truck Hazards
- Module 2 – Standards, Regulations, and Responsibilities
- Module 3 – Rough Terrain Lift Truck Design and Classifications
- Module 4 – Stability
- Module 5 – Pre-operational Checks (Theory & Practical)
- Module 6 – Safe Operating Procedures
- Module 7 – Fuel Sources
- Theory test & review of test
- Practical evaluation
22.29(1) No employer shall require or permit a worker to operate a powered lift truck unless the employer has issued a certificate to the worker under this section.
22.29(2) No employer shall issue a certificate to a worker to operate a powered lift truck unless the employer has first ensured that the worker.
- Has received instruction, training and testing in the operation of the powered lift truck in accordance with a code of practice approved and issued under the Act. CSA Standard B335-15