3-Wheeled Motorcycle Training
Motorcycle training registration will re-open March 2023. Classes fill on a first come first serve basis.
Course Location: Winnipeg
Course Duration: 8 hours – 1 hr theory & 7 hrs practical
Course Fee: $375 per person
Licence documentation and photo ID – Students must hold a 6M motorcycle licence (knowledge test) that can be obtained at any MPI Service Centre. To learn more about licensing, download MPI’s Motorcycle Handbook or contact MPI.
Students must provide an insured Trike/Spyder subject for inspection by the Chief Instructor during the first class
All students must provide their own riding gear, including:
- Motorcycle helmet – CSA, DOT, ECE or Snell approved
- Eye protection – face shield on helmet or any type of glasses
- Sturdy jacket – motorcycle textile/leather riding jacket, denim or leather (jackets must be able to be done up)
- Gloves – Full fingered, leather palmed (no knuckle cut-outs accepted)
- Sturdy pants – motorcycle textile/leather riding pants or jeans (no sweatpants, track pants, etc. Pants must not have holes in them)
- Boots – must cover the ankles and be made of a sturdy leather with rubber soles (no athletic shoes/sneakers, high heels or leather soled cowboy boots)
Your riding gear must be inspected and at the Instructor’s discretion, approved at the first session. Students without proper gear will be sent home with no refund.
Courses run regardless of weather conditions – be prepared and dress accordingly. Rain gear may be worn over protective riding gear.
SSM has developed a new motorcycle training course for 3-wheeled motorcycle riders. This is an 8-hour course that provides safety information and practical hands-on training.
This course is restricted to Trikes and Spyders.
- Safety check
- Mounting and riding position
- Starting and shut-down
- Move off and stop
- Slow speed maneuvers
- Traffic behaviour and signals
- Practical riding test